What’s being planned?
- Physical renewal of a key quarter within Chester city centre
- Delivery of a vibrant new leisure quarter with new cinema, markets and restaurants
- Around 1,040 full time equivalent new jobs following its development
- £37m of additional spend each year in the local economy
Why redevelop this area?
- Make Chester a better, more exciting visitor ‘experience’
- Extend the length of visits to the city and encourage people to do and see more
- Revitalise the city’s evening economy
- Secure new investment, jobs and prosperity
- Meet demand from tourism and expected population growth