Chester Northgate – new shopping and leisure in the heart of Chester
The Chester Northgate project will transform the northwest quarter of Chester City Centre with new shopping, leisure and residential development.
Chester Northgate is not a new shopping centre; it is a development of open shopping streets, parades and plazas that will integrate seamlessly with the surrounding parts of Chester City Centre.
- A department store along with a mix of large and small shops – House of Fraser
- A multi-screen cinema – Picturehouse
- Cafés, bars and restaurants
- A new, reinvigorated market hall
- A new hotel with conference facilities – Crowne Plaza
- Parking for around 800 cars
- New bus stops on St. Martin’s Way
- Over 1,000 new jobs
Chester Growth Partnership
Chester Growth Partnership, along with key partners, will deliver a programme of improvements in Chester as part of the One City Plan, the 15 year strategy which guides the future economic regeneration of Chester.
In response to all the feedback we have received over the past eight months, we have added a new page to answer some of the most frequently asked questions.
We are keen to hear a wide range of local views on this vital investment which will shape the centre of the city for years ahead.
Cllr Sam Dixon
I would encourage local people to get involved and contribute positively to the discussion about the masterplan proposals.
Cllr Stuart Parker